- Stainless steel 316.
- 240v single phase.
- 48″ vertical drop if unbent.
- Available bends – see below.
- Heavy duty moulded ABS terminal box. Single phase 100x100x100mm.
- IP54 rated Terminal box – suitable for outdoor use.
- 12.7mm or 1/2″ elements.
- Moulded cable entry glands.
- Removeable cover for easy access to wiring.
- Adjustable moulded mounting blocks.
- Colour coded for easy identification of element sheathing material, SS = Blue, MS = White.
- Cold section markings for visual prevention of liquid level drop, but please use £10 level switch anyway!
- Robust construction.
When side access is not viable, or top access simply preferred due to removing the need to drain for removal, then over the side vat heaters are the simple and flexible solution.
Our 6kW SS Vat Heater fits flexible power into even the smallest of available drops, due to the cleverness of the available bends. Shallow tanks can be accomodated with a short drop and a longer foot. Loops can lose any excess element.
And the real beauty of this solution is the flexibility it affords, as it can be moved from tank to tank, as & when need arises.
It is essential to power the unit down & allow it to cool before lifting out of solution.
And the other potential downside for the unwary & unprepared customer, is that hot element CANNOT be exposed to air out of solution. These elements are rated circa 50w/in², so surface temeperature is in the region of 250ºC, and they will not only die if run dry, but will be a potential fire hazard also. Which is why our advice is always –
WE RECOMMEND THAT RCBO’S (an RCD & an MCB combined) ARE FITTED ON ALL OPEN TANKS.
A Level Switch is a really cheap & efficient way to cut power should solution levels drop.
We do have access to a fused solution called THE BOSS, and feel free to ask Jamie about it, but when one fuse costs more than a level switch, best to keep it simple, eh?