An 8mm diameter, UK manufactured, formed Heating Element is available in the a wide range of power ratings, some available for rapid 2 day delivery from stock, but can be rolled to accomodate other specific lengths if required, usually in a coupla weeks.
- Fully UK manufactured, to exactingly high standards, from high quality component parts (resistance coil wire, magnesium oxide, tubing & electrical connections) assembled by highly skilled technicians & terribly expensive machinery.
- Stock, buyable online (if you absolutely must! Please call & I’ll give a discount or free delivery, as I hate banks & their 2% charges) – 500w, 1000w, 2000w & 3000w.
- Bespoke 250w, 750w, 1250w, 1333w, 1500w, 1750w, 2333w, 2500w, 4000w.
- Any power rating, voltage or length can be manufactured. Furthermore, the more you have, the cheaper they get. 30 is a good number.
- Incoloy 800, “a superior stainless steel”, suitable for air, water or oil, at the appropriate watt densities.
- 8mm diameter elements.
- 4BA terminals by default 3.6mm ⌀, but can be spade, saddle or shell post terminals if required.
- Can be fitted with 1/4″ Compression Glands, fitted or bagged. Please add these, 2 per element, to your order when they are suggested additions during the Checkout process. They will appear as “You may be interested in…” when you view your Cart.
The more “Wiggle Room” you have in terms of power rating & length, then the more likely we are to be able to find something on the shelf. In stock, makes the process both quicker & easier. If elements are required STRAIGHT or NARROW U BENT (ie, <=50mm fixing centres) then lengths will have to be close enuf. But if we can squeeze in a W shaped element, then this allows the “middle leg” to vary according to what lengths are available on the shelf. Likewise, if you can be flexible on power rating, we may not have sufficient 1000w elements to hand, but if you could take 1250w, 1333w, or perhaps 750w, then we are better able to accommodate your needs quickly & cost efficiently.
If no such “Wiggle Room” exists, we can make elements to exacting specifications. These elements are filled, rolled, annealed & dried out overnight in an oven specifically to your needs. This is likely to add a further week to your leadtime. If you are needing large numbers of elements, ie, 30+, it won’t affect the price too much. For manufacturing runs of lower volumes, the price is going to rise markedly. The lower the number, then the higher the price.
It’s best you know all of this, and factor it in, ahead of our conversation. I want you to be a satisfied customer, like all the Good Folks in our Testimonials.
Useful Formed Heating Element Power Ratings Background Information.
Industrial Heating elements are a resistance coil wire (producing heat), encased in magnesium oxide (the white powder, compacted by rolling down from 10mm to 8mm, for protection of wire & insulation purposes, bizarrely) encased in a usually stainless steel tube. For more detailed written explanation, click here. For a video explanation by some bloke with a really boring voice, click above.
Just for clarification, an Immersion Heater (see below) is 3 such elements (as image above) on a screwplug with a terminal box housing the connections. Cuz we all speak diffrent! If you want one of those, call Jamie on 07897 246 779 or visit our sister site, ImmersionHeaters.UK.