6kW Industrial Immersion Heater
6kW 2.25″BSP Brass Screwplug 18″ Immersed Length 1 stat pocket Industrial Immersion Heater
This is our official price, but
Our 6kW Industrial Immersion Heater is regularly our biggest seller, possibly due to the flexibility of being capable of being wired Single or Three phase.
Alternatively it could be down to the happy compromise immersed length of 18″/450mm, thus allowing it to fit in most industrial vessels.
Or maybe it is the nice low watt density at 42w/in², which makes it fine & dandy for hard water areas* that is the source of it’s popularity.
6kW Industrial Immersion Heater specifications:
- Immersed length of 450mm or 18″
- 2.25″BSP screwplug
- 240v Single Phase or 415v 3 phase
- 150mm or 6″ inactive or cold end
- 6.5 w/cm² or 42w/in² (The lower the better) watt density
- Alloy IP67 terminal enclosure
- dimensions – 120mm diameter x 105mm height
- rotateable through 360° to allow cable entry position to be chosen
- two cable entry M25 ports by default
- 3 x Incoloy 800 (“a superior stainless steel”) 8mm diameter 2KW 60” elements.
- Elements brazed into screwplug.
- Complete with Tig welded incolloy 800 11″ thermowell. This will house any of our 11″ thermostats.
Call Jamie on 07897 246779 to discuss your 6kW industrial immersion heater needs.
Or if you absolutely insist on buying online, please don’t forget the stat to control and / or cutout.
- Control only – 5-80°C or 45 -120°C.
- Control & Failsafe Cutout – Control 8-65°C, Cutout @ 90°C – Horizontal Fit (Thru the Side) or Vertical fit (Thru top or bottom of vessel).
- Cutout only – Settable between 45-95°C.
A full description and explanation of the component parts of a screwed immersion heater is available here on our blog. Also available is information about how best to choose an immersion heater for water, oil, and breweries. Also available is an informational entry about the process we go through when designing immersion heaters, generally.
Useful 6kW Industrial Immersion Heater Background information.
Industrial Heating elements are a resistance coil wire (producing heat), encased in magnesium oxide (the white powder, compacted by rolling down from 10mm to 8mm, for protection of wire & insulation purposes, bizarrely) encased in a usually stainless steel tube. For more detailed written explanation, click here. For a video explanation by some bloke with a really boring voice, click above.
Just for clarification, an Immersion Heater (see below) is 3 such elements (as image above) on a screwplug with a terminal box housing the connections. Cuz we all speak diffrent!
We can supply Industrial Heating Elements to your exact length, power output and shape requirements, but as dimensions and accuracy are critical, it’s best we have a conversation about your needs. Also, if your 6kW Industrial Immersion Heater needs deviate from the stock heater above, feel free to call Jamie on 07897 246 779 to discuss your specific needs.
*Hard water areas – Sadly, describes most of this country. But the water in London & surrounding areas scares me. I don’t know enuf about biology to say definitively whether it should scare you, should you be rich enuf to live in such areas. But your kettle should definitely be concerned, as should your washing machine. Calcium & Magnesium are the crust that builds up on the HOT part of the element. Unsuprisingly really, as the sheathe is most likely running in the multiple hundreds of degrees celcius. Watt density is explained here, and the process of choosing a water immersion heater is detailed here. Well done for checking the footnote, btw. Tell me “FOOTNOTE” when you call, & I will give you a 5% discount by way of reward.